Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2010 Reflections

Jess did it, and so must i... haha.

This post contains my reflections on the past year and the past decade, and my hopes for the future.

Reflections on 2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Got my very own group of 4th graders :)

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really remember if i even had one... and I've already got this years in the works...

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not any of my close friends, but a few that I'm friends with, yes.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope

5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Respect for myself and my own feelings.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 8- I started leaning on God's strength and not my own

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my very own 4th grade classroom!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Bailing on friends for no good reason

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
mmmmhmmm... oh my kidney.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My MacBook Pro

12. Where did most of your money go?
Gas to get to work...

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My job at O.P. E.

14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"No One's Gonna Love You"- BOH
4 completely different people decided that I needed to hear this song.

Compared to this time last year, are you:

15. Thinner or fatter?
Thinner

16. Richer or poorer?
I wouldn't say richer, but i've got a little bit more of an income.

17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading

18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
worrying so much about other people's issues to the point of negatively affecting myself.

19. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas morning with the family out in Campobello, afternoon nap at home, then Christmas dinner in Greenville. Then over to a friend's Christmas party over in Mauldin.

20. Did you fall in love in 2010?
i'm gonna go with no. i fell in extreme like...?

21. What was your favorite TV program?
DWTS of course!

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope. I don't hate.

23. What was the best book you read?
The Giver

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Brett Dennen

25. What did you want and get?
My Covenant family back after 4 years of hiatus.

26. What did you want and not get?
A solid, loving relationship.

27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Shutter Island

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent it with 44 wonderful fourth graders, then drove down to Charleston for Audi's wedding!

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If people loved themselves enough to let good things happen to them.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
School year- Teacher Chic.
Summer- Tanks and Skirts

31. What kept you sane?
My friends.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mr. Derek Hough

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Jim DeMint. Enough said.

34. Who did you miss?
My babycakes

35. Who was the best new person you met?
Amanda, Rob, Jessica, Arielle, and McNabb. The crew was my summer.

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
As much as you love helping others and doing anything, ANYTHING, to help them out... they have to help themselves first. You can't make someone believe in themselves, but you need to believe in yourself sometimes, too. Putting yourself and your feelings first isn't always selfish. You have to look out for your heart sometimes.

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"It's not as easy as willing it all to be right... gotta be more than hoping it's right..."

No comments:

Post a Comment